Common Types of Bariatric Surgeries
Bariatric Surgery (in Punjab) is a fast expanding field of surgery that helps obese people lose weight. The word Bariatric comes from a greek word “baros,” meaning “weight,” and “iatrikos,” meaning “medicine“. It has been around for over 50 years but has gained wide popularity after it became possible to perform it laparoscopically. This means that there is no need to make big cuts on abdomen to perform surgery as in old days. Everything can be done through small holes. Inside image is seen on a monitor and surgery is done using thin instruments.
Obesity was formally recognized as a disease by the World Health Organization (WHO) in 1997, and its prevalence is increasing at epidemic proportions worldwide. The enormous changes in the life style of humans – sedantary jobs, lack of exercise, high calorie diet has brought a new sort of epidemic of modern era – Obesity.
Common Bariatric Surgery
- Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Adjustable Gastric Banding Surgery
Know the facts:
- Obesity is the number two preventable cause of death, first being smoking.
- India the third most obese country in the world behing US and china.
- Punjab has the highest percentage of obese population in India Males 30.3 % and females 37.5 %.
- Obesity is a major risk factor for Diabetes Type 2 and International Diabetes Federation (IDF) has included Metabolic Surgery in its treatment protocol to treat diabetes.
- Obesity is also a major risk for heart diseases and Indian Heart Association have been raising awareness about this issue.
- Asians are affected by obesity even earlier as compared to western world, hence upper limit of normal BMI has been lowered from 25 to 23 for Indians (even Asians)
ACT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE Lose Weight Now
BMI Body Mass Index This is the most commonly used indicator to classify / measure obesity and plan treatment. The formula is
BMI = Weight / (Height)2 Weight in Kilograms and Height in meters
18 to 23
23 to 27.5
27.5 and above
Bariatric Surgery = Weight loss surgery
The word Bariatric comes from a greek word "baros," meaning "weight," and "iatrikos," meaning "medicine". So Bariatric Surgery is a technical name for Weight loss surgery.
Bariatric Surgery is not a new surgery, it has been around for over 50 years. But it became more popular once it was possible to do it laparoscopically (key-hole surgery). At our centre we have all the high-end equipment required to perform all these surgeries using very small cuts.
Bariatric Surgery in Punjab has become very popular over last few years and we run one of the Best Bariatric Surgery Center here at Jalandhar, Punjab, India.
Jalandhar is a big medical hub and caters a wide area ranging from nearby cities like Ludhiana to Amritsar on NH 1, from Jammu in J & K to Pathankot. It also caters Himachal, Haryana, Rajasthan etc. It is also a big NRI hub and a favourite place for Medical tourism from Canada, USA, UK, Australia, Italy, Germany etc. Cost of Bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery) is much lower as compared to western world even though we provide among the best weight loss surgery solutions in best weight loss surgery hospital in the hands of most qualified and among best weight loss surgeon in Punjab.
How to lose weight? Its a question millions are asking. We at our center use the latest scientific knowledge to answer this question and offer solutions which are customized to your body needs
- Diet plans for weight loss (dieting)
- Exercise for weight loss
- Lifestyle changes
- Bariatric Surgeries
We offer a wide range of bariatric surgeries or weight loss surgery for obesity
Sleeve Gastrectomy (SG or LSG)
Mini gastric bypass (MGB)
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypas (RYGB or RGB)
Duodenojejunal Bypass with Sleeve Gastrectomy (LDJB SG)
Proximal Jejunal Bypass